Thursday, February 9, 2012

Simple Plaque for Teachers

We always try to do something fun and creative for Logan's teachers. This is what we decided to give them (along with a box of chocolates) for Valentines day. I should have taken step by step pictures and I didn't. I will try to remember next time, still getting use to this blogging thing lol. Here is what we did. We bought these wooden plaques at Wal Mart for about $3 a piece. First I had Logan pic out the stencil color for each teacher. I set that aside for each one so there was none of that color on that specific plaque. Then I let him paint them however he wanted. I helped a little filling in little spots where he missed when he was trying to be careful around the edges, but that is all. Then I let those dry over  night. The next day when he got home from school I helped him stencil the teachers initials and the hearts, star, and flower. We sprinkled glitter on them while the paint was still wet. After that dried I hot glued ribbon on the back, he wrote his name on the back and that was it. A creative and original gift for his teachers. Add the box of chocolates, one of his valentines day cards, and some ribbon and the gift is complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment