Saturday, February 18, 2012

Under the kitchen sink/chemical cabinet project

So, for a long time the cabinet under my sink has just been sitting unused. I decided I was going to move my chemicals under there. Here is my little make over project.
Here is the most important step.  A child proof lock for the door. My 4 year old has never messed with this stuff, but I don't want to take that risk.
Here is the cabinet space. Our cabinets are metal and that is rust. I wish we could replace them but one we rent and two we don't have the money.
To cover up the rust and make it easier to clean I used some peel and stick tiles I have had for a while. I believe they were about $10 at Alco.
Then I added a tension rod I bought at Walmart for about $5. I will use this to hang spray bottles on .
I used two dish tubs bought for $1.97 at Walmart to hold the bigger containers
And a couple of small baskets, 3 for $4.98 at Walmart, to hold smaller things, rags, and sponges. 
And all done! I love that it is so much more organized and was able to utilize a space that was just going to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment